The Federal University of Petroleum Resources, Effurun (FUPRE), Delta State, has received a special intervention from the Tertiary Education Trust Fund (TETFUND) and it intends to apply these funds for the Construction and furnishing of a Workshop and Laboratory for the Department of Petroleum Engineering in the College of Technology.
FUPRE is desirous of executing the Project on contract basis and wishes to invite reputable consultants with good track record to bid for pre-qualification.
B. Scope of Work- Consultants
The scope of work includes preparation of detail/full drawings including all necessary tests, preparation of contract/tender documents and supervision. The Consultants are also expected to provide other services that will facilitate the execution of the building project for workshop and laboratories for the Department of Petroleum Engineering in the College of Technology.
Consultants for the Construction and Furnishing of Workshop and Laboratory for the Department of Petroleum Engineering in the College of Technology (2012 TETFUND SI Project)
C. Location of Project
The project is located at the University’s permanent site at Ugbomro in Uvwie Local Government Area of Delta State.
D. Pre-Qualification Requirements for Consultants
Interested Architects, Civil, Service Engineers, Quantity Surveyors or a consortium of these consultants who wish to participate in the project is required to submit their firm’s profile which must include but not limited to the following documents:
- Certificate of incorporation with Corporate Affairs Commission
- Evidence of qualification and registration with appropriate professional Bodies
- Evidence of current renewal of practicing license of principal consultant
- Evidence of similar jobs done within the past three (3) years: 2009-2011
- Company profile and address/office location
- Audited accounts for the past three (3) years: 2009-2011
- Tax clearance certificate for the past three years (2009-2011)
- Evidence of VAT certificate
- Curriculum vitae of the principal officers of the company
- Name and address of bankers and reference letter from such banks
- Evidence of compliance with the provisions of the Pension Reform Act, 2004.
- Evidence of compliance with the provisions of the Industrial Training Fund (Amendment) Act 2011.
- Any other information to prove the company’s corporate and technical experience and capabilities
For additional information, please refer to “Standard Request for Proposal for the Selection of Consulting Firms (Complex Lump Sum) of the Federal Republic of Nigeria Bureau of Public Procurement Document”
The consultancy services will be executed with strict adherence to all contractual terms in the signed agreement by all parties. All invited consultants will be required to submit a Technical Proposal and a Financial Proposal.
E. Method and Submission of Application
Interested Consultants are expected to submit Technical Pre-Qualification documents. Pre-qualification documents of five (5) sets of photocopies each should be submitted in a sealed envelope, clearly marked “Confidential: Prequalification for Consultancy Services (2012 Tetfund SI Project) Lot 1
Name and mailing address of the Company which shall be clearly stated at the back of each envelope and Lot number on the top left hand side of the envelope
Failure to comply with the above requirements will automatically result in disqualification.
All submissions are to be addressed to:
The Ag Registrar
Federal University of Petroleum Resources
Effurun, Delta State
G. Closing Date/Submission
The pre-qualification documents should be submitted in the “Tender Box” at the office of the Ag. Registrar not later than 13th of February, 2013 at 12.00 noon.
H. OPENING OF PRE-QUALIFICATION BIDS
The pre-qualification bids will be opened at 2.00 pm on the 13th of February 2013 and Tenderers are invited to attend the ceremony for the opening of the Lots at the
Response to this invitation shall not oblige the University to consider any responding Firm for qualification. All costs incurred as a result of response to this invitation and any subsequent requests for information shall be borne by the responding Firm.
Only pre-qualified Consultants would be Invited for Financial Bidding.
R. A. Egborge (Mrs)