The University is desirous of constructing a Modern State of the Art 12 Floor Building for the School of Postgraduate Studies, The foundation is expected to be on pile and the entire building is expected to be a reinforced concrete framed structure and designed as such. The façade should blend with the landscape of the University and the completed building should not impact negatively on the existing environment.
The institution therefore invites Consultants of International repute to express interest carry out the following services:
- Project Management
- Structural Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical engineering
- Quantity Surveying
- Extra Low Voltage Equipment Design
The Expression of Interest (EOI) is the first step of a process that may result in a request for proposal from short-listed companies.
2.) Requirements for Consideration:
The documents should be submitted to fill the conditions as stated
a. Compulsory and Mandatory Criteria:
Failure to provide any of the above listed documents will automatically disqualify the Consltant.
b. Other Criteria:
- Evidence of registration with the Corporate A Commission (CAC)
- Company Audited Account for the last three years.
- Evidence of Tax Clearance Certificate for the last three (3) years and Tax Identification Number (TIN)
- Evidence of Compliance with the provisions of the Pension Reform Act, 2004 and Industrial Training Fund (ITF) Amendment Act, 2011 as applicable
- A sworn Affidavit indicating that alt documents submitted are genuine and verifiable
- Evidence of Value Added Tax (VAT) registration
- Registration of the practice with respective registration boards Le, ARCON, COREN and QSRBN
- Evidence of relevant verifiable experience on major construction work(s) in Nigeria over the last five (5) years that best illustrates qualification with letter(s) of commission
- A sworn affidavit that none of the Directors has been convicted in any country for any criminal offence, including fraud or financial impropriety.
- A sworn affidavit indicating that no current staff of the University of Lagos is a former or present Director, Shareholder or has any pecuniary interest in the company submitting bid
3.) Closing Date
- A list of relevant project experience within the last 5years relating to construction works in Nigeria, stating the scope, location, construction value, length of time from design to completion, key personnel and client contact information (telephone and e-mail)
- Please attach letter of commission, for each project in 2(b)(i)
- Include the Curriculum Vitae of each proposed professional staff
- Bank reference from a reputable bank
- Evidence of payment of non-refundable fee of twenty thousand Naira (N20,000.00) in bank draft payable to the University of Lagos
14th March, 2013
4.) Submission of Documents:
The original and three (3) copies of the documents should be arranged in the order itemized above, neatly bound and sealed in an envelope separately for each project, The envelope should be marked Confidential Notice of Intention to Consult (specify the Building) on the Proposed School of Postgraduate Studies Building” and delivered either by hand or courier service to reach the address stated below,
5th Floor, Senate House
University of Lagos
Akoka - Yaba
5.) Other Details:
Oluwarotimj O.A. Shodimu, Esq., FNIM
- That by the submission of Expression of Interest documents University of Lagos is neither committed nor obliged to commission any of the prospecting consultant
- That participating in Expression of Interest Exercise shall not be considered as a commitment on the pail of the University, nor shall it entitle any prospecting consultant to any claim whatsoever and/or seek indemnity from the University of Lagos.
- Only shortlisted Consultants that have been found suitable will be invited to submit proposals for the project
Registrar and Secretary to Council