Nigerian Agip Oil Company Limited (NAOC) intends to award a contract for NAOC Domestic VSAT Services to provide sufficient network availability for National operations.
The proposed contract shall have duration of two (2) years plus one optional year effective from the date of the expiration of the previous one.
2.) Scope of work
- The services required under this contract shall include but not limited to the followings:
- To ensure optimum level of ICT service availability, efficiency and deliverability.
- Provision of TDMA meshed networked services of Voice and Data using VSAT for inter location traffic (Port Harcourt, Field Bases, Flow stations, Rigs, platforms, Floating Production Storage facilities and any sites that may be added within the duration of the contract). This service will be fully out-sourced to, and governed by an agreed SLA with, the Service Provider.
- The CONTRACT shall be a service lease contract. This implies that NAOC shall NOT own any of the equipment to be deployed by CONTRACTOR, for the provision of the SERVICES discussed here under.
- The CONTRACTOR shall install a gateway (main-hub) in NAOC Port Harcourt District Office. NAOC will provide space for the gateway and associated power and utility requirement CONTRACTOR is responsible for the full operations, maintenance and spares.
- The CONTRACTOR shall install Customer Premise Equipment (CPE) at ALL locations, in spaces that shall be determined by NAOC.
- The CONTRACTOR shall provide a network management terminal that shows the availability and errors of each CPE. This terminal shall be located in the NAOC Port Harcourt District Office and exact positioning shall be specified by NAOC.
- The typical configuration of a Rig Site is up to maximum of Six (6) voice ports and Two (2) Data ports (Fast Ethernet 100Mbps or higher). The CONTRACTOR shall be able to adjust the bandwidth and voice/data configurations at the request of NAOC.
3.) Mandatory Requirements
- To be eligible for this tender exercise, interested contractors are required to be pre-qualified in the Telecommunication Installation I Support Services, 3.11.20 (Product/Service Category) for in NipeX Joint Qualification System (NJQS) database. All successfully prequalified Suppliers in this category will receive Invitation to Technical Tender (ITT).
- To determine if you are pre-qualified and view the product/service category you are listed for:
- Open www.nipexng.com and access NJQS with your log in details, click on continue Joint Qualification Scheme tool, click check my Supplier status and then click supplier product group.
- If you are not listed in a product/service category you are registered with DPR to do business, contact NipeX office at 30, Oyinkan Abayomi Street, lkoyi Lagos with your DPR certificate as evidence for verification and necessary update.
- To initiate the qualification process, access www.nipexng.com to download the application form, make necessary payments and contact NipeX office for further action.
a) Company Corporate I Legal Structure
b) Financial Capability
- Is the business properly constituted by law and registered with the appropriate authorities in Nigeria. Provide certificate of incorporation
- Does the business have Nigerian agency or ownership at a level appropriate to the category of contractor being invited for the contract, and is it properly registered with the Nigerian authorities? Provide evidence
- Is the company duly registered in Nigeria and has DPR permit and registration number. Please provide contractor’s current DPR License, valid for telecommunications and related services.
c) Organizational Strength
- Properly prepared and audited account in the past three years. Provide audited accounts for the past three (3) years.
- Has the business demonstrated a sustainable financial growth profile over the past three years, showing turnover stable or grown, positive cash flow before investment, net profits stable or growing?
d) CASHES and HSE Management
- Does the business have a clear management structure from top down, and are there clear lines of delegation of authority and accountability that permit the company to operate efficiently. Provide company organogram.
- What is the quality of the top management team in the company? Provide CVs of 2 key management personnel.
e) Job Capability
- Who is responsible and accountable in the business for the implementation of effective HSE management?
- Policy and Strategy: Do these policies conform to NAOC’s Statement of Group Business Principles and Internal HSE guidelines?
- Leadership and Commitment: Evidence of the commitment of management and staff to HSE-MS
- Knowledge of Project Area: Knowledge of community relations / security progamme in the Niger Delta or similar environment, and evidence of comprehensive community relations plan.
- HSE Management: Evidence of active management of HSE and HSE records.
- Quality Management: Provide evidence of an existing quality management policy and plan.
- Provide a Job hazard analysis for each aspect of the VSAT implementation activities-survey, installation, rig moves, and operations and maintenance,
- Provide evidence of Medical retainer-ship for staff.
- Provide a listing of company - provided PPEs for field operational staff.
4.) Nigerian Content
- Provide evidence of being licensed by the Nigerian Communication Commission (NCC) to provide VSAT service.
- Provide evidence of technical agreement with NIGCOMSAT.
- Is there an established Service Level Agreement (SLA) with NIGCOMSAT? If yes, provide evidence.
- Do you have any previous experiences on installing and supporting VSAT services? If yes provide evidence.
- Provide number of engineers that are to be dedicated (full - time) to supporting this service.
Bidders are invited to express complete understanding and willingness to comply with provisions of the Nigerian Oil and Gas Industry Content development (NOGICD) Act 2010. Consequently, bidders’ submissions shall be evaluated strictly with the minimum evaluation criteria defined in ‘The Act’.
The documentation for evaluation shall include but not be limited to the following:
- Demonstration that entity is a Nigerian registered company as defined in the NOGICD Act 2010 by providing details of Company ownership and share holding structure with clear certified true copies of bidders’ Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) forms C02 and C07.
- Nigerian Content Plan that demonstrates the full utilization of Nigerian labour and services with detailed description of role, work scope and man-hours in order to achieve the minimum target as set out in the requirements of the NOGICD Act 2010. Where in-country capacity is inadequate, propose innovations to bridge the gap.
- Where the bidding entity lacks capacity, genuine alliances with multinational companies for the purpose of technology transfer shall be encouraged. The alliance/joint venture shall be executed with binding Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) signed by chief executives of both entities stating clear work-share ratio among the parties and time frame for growth or transfer to be achieved.
- Demonstration that a minimum of 50% of the equipment to be deployed shall be owned by the Nigerian subsidiary if international or multinational company is working through the Nigerian subsidiary.
- Specific to this project, provide evidence (personnel list) of percentage management that are Nigerian nationals and of the total workforce that are Nigerians.
- Evidence of the address and location where procurement and project management activities will be coordinated in Nigeria.
- Detailed training plan and development for this service.
Failure to meet the Nigerian Content requirements is a “FATAL FLAW.”
5.) Closing Date
Only tenderers who are registered with the relevant NJQS product/service category, Telecommunication Installation / Support Services, 3.11.20, as at February 25, 2013, being the advert closing date, shall be invited to submit Technical Bids.
6.) Additional Information
This advertisement of “Tender Opportunity” shall not be construed as a commitment on part of NAOC, nor shall it entitle Applicants to make any claims whatsoever and/or seek any indemnity from NAOC and/or any of its Partners by virtue of such Applicants having responded to this Advert.
Please visit the NipeX Portal at www.nipexng.com
for this Advert and other information.