The Foundation for Partnerships Initiative in the Niger Delta (PIND) is a non-profit Foundation established in 2010 with initial funding by Chevron to support a portfolio of socio-economic development programs for the Niger Delta in order to improve standards of living of communities in the region. PIND supports projects in collaboration with a diverse range of donor partners including bilateral and multi-lateral aid agencies, federal and state government agencies in Nigeria, private companies and foundations. With an overarching goal of increasing income and employment in the region, PIND has four distinct but interrelated program areas. They are:
- An economic development program focused on generating opportunities for pro-poor market development and employment generation.
- A capacity building program that will build the service delivery and engagement capacity of government, civil society and communities.
- A peace-building program that strengthens conflict resolution mechanisms for enabling integrated peace and economic growth.
- An analysis & advocacy program that improves analysis and understanding of systemic constraints to growth in the Niger Delta region.
PIND is charged with promoting socio economic development through partnerships in the Niger Delta. The PIND head office is in Abuja with field operations located at the Economic Development Centre in Warn and Port Harcourt. PIND works in a number of agricultural value chains and other areas of economic activity and is interested in partnering with vendors, service providers, CBOs/NGOs and consultants that are capable of implementing and monitoring interventions that contribute to fulfilling its mission.
PIND is at this time compiling a data base of qualified service providers for 2013. This is a call for expression of interests from organizations working in the fields of social and economic development in the Niger Delta region and that are currently registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) to forward their profile for registration with PIND. Organisations based in the Niger Delta region are particularly encouraged to respond. NGOs that meet PIND’s selection criteria will be placed on a register of preferred service providers and will be invited to tender for implementation projects as they arise. Below is the type of organizations that can express their interest to register with PIND:
- Community Based Organization
- Non-Governmental Organization
- Vendors that offer services listed below;
- Car hire
- Courier services
- Supply & Printing of Office Stationeries (Receipts, Folders & Calendars)
- Supply, Installation & Maintenance of IT & Office Equipment (computers, scanners, printers, photocopiers and Air conditioners).
- Supply, Installation & Maintenance of Office Interiors (window blinds & furniture.
- Supply, Installation & Maintenance of plumbing fixtures, electrical fittings & sanitary wares.
- Service Providers
In order to obtain the registration pack, please send a covering email to firstname.lastname@example.org
: stating clearly the name and address of the organization, email address, contact person, registration status, program focus, list of projects on-going or completed in the last 3 years, and experience in working with donor organizations.
for the receipt of EoIs is Thursday February 21st, 2013.