The Anambra State Government is desirous of leasing its Schools of Nursing and Midwifery located at Nkpor, Idemili North Local Government Area of Anambra State to interested private operator/proprietor(S) for five years at the first instance with a view to ensuring optimal performance and more effective and efficient realization of the objectives of establishing the institutions.
The main objective of the lease arrangement is to achieve optimal development of the two institutions through constructive engagement of experienced private organizations to manage the institutions effectively, as part of strategic partnership of the State Government with the private sector for health sector development.
3.) Staff Disposition/Infrastructure:
The personnel and infrastructural profile of the schools meets the standards of the Nursing arid Midwifery Council of Nigeria. The facilities on the ground and present staff disposition (both academic and non- academic) are push factors for the future growth arid development of the institutions. The institutions have also turned out Nurses and Midwives many of whom are serving meritoriously in many health institutions within and outside the nation.
The facilities in the institutions will be open for inspection from 4th 1 8 February, 2013 with the written approval of the Hon. Commissioner, Ministry of Health, Awka.
5.) Expression of Interest/Submission of Bids
All interested Applicants are required to submit detailed Organizational/Company profile and an Expression of Interest indicating Plans (Rehabilitation and Development Work Plan) for the following:
- Improvement of existing facilities arid construction of additional one.
- Effective and efficient management of academic and non-academic activities.
- Financial operations.
The following documents should also accompany the application/bids to facilitate prequalification and consideration of bids:
- Evidence of incorporation or registration with Corporate Affairs Commission, including passports of the Director/Proprietors.
- Evidence of Affiliation/Registration with National Council of Nurses and Midwifery of Nigeria.
- Three Years Tax Clearance Certificate, with Tax Identification Number (TIN) where applicable.
- Evidence of financial capacity to implement the projects.
- Evidence of having carried out similar projects in the past.
- Verifiable functional office.
- Amount payable to Government for the lease period of 5(five) years at the first instance.
- Renewable fee for the Lease.
All expression of interests, marked “ANSG/20 11 2/SN SNKPOR” at the top right hand corner of the envelope, should be accompanied with evidence of payment of non-refundable tender fee of NI 00,000,00 (one hundred thousand naira) only, in Bank draft, payable to the Anambra State Government, arid submitted by hand not later than three weeks from the date of this publication to “The Hon. Commissioner, Ministry of Health, Jerome Udoji Secretariat Complex, Awka, Anambra State.” Only successful candidates will be contacted for further discussion.
Dr AJ. Nnalue
For: Hon. Commissioner Ministry of health, Awka, Anambra